This document describes the process for applying to the Eccellenza Professorial Fellowships of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) at the Institute of Electrical Engineering of EPFL. Please notice that Eccellenza Professorial Fellowships are fixed-term (5 years) non-tenure track faculty position at EPFL.
Eccellenza fellowship applicants looking to work at EPFL must first be approved by the hosting institute.
Description of the selection process
- The Institute of Electrical Engineering (IEL) of EPFL selects and supports highly qualified candidates with their applications to the Eccellenza Professorial Fellowships of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). IEL welcomes very strong applications in all the research domains of our Institute, but this year (2021 Call), additional support will be specifically provided for applications in the area of Digital VLSI Circuits and Systems. See details here.
- The candidate submits his/her dossier (including CV, publication list, research statement, teaching statement, indication of references, motivation letter) to the president of the internal IEL Eccellenza search committee, Prof. Andreas Burg (Andreas.Burg@epfl.ch). The strict deadline for this application is November 10th, 2020.
- Applications will be evaluated internally by a panel of EPFL professors working in related areas. The successful candidate(s) will receive the necessary support from the Institute of Electrical Engineering in their application for an SNSF Eccellenza Professorial Fellowship at EPFL according to the regulations available at http://www.snf.ch/en/funding/careers/eccellenza/Pages/default.aspx. Please notice that in particular, according to those SNF rules, applicants must have a proven record of at least two years’ research activity at a Swiss higher education research centre, or they must be Swiss nationals or have a Swiss higher education degree. They have never held a professorship position nor is such a position foreseen.
Calendar & deadlines:
- Strict internal EPFL-IEL Application deadline: November 10th, 2020, by email to Prof. A. Burg.
- Internal EPFL-IEL selection results: end of November, 2020.
- Internal EPFL-School of Engineering (STI) application deadline for Candidates : December 15th, 2020. Deadline for Institute Directors : December 21st, 2020.
- SNSF application deadline: February 1st, 2021.