Energy at the Institute of Mechanical Engineering
Study is made of solar energy conversion and storage, artificial photosynthesis, solide oxide fuel cells and other groundbreaking ways of harvesting and storing green energy.
In order to decrease energy use we carry out research on low waste manufacturing systems, process system engineering and smart grids.
Key research themes
- Hydraulic Systems
- Solar reactor technology and solar fuels
- System Performance Validation for Hydropower Plants
- Small-Scale Turbomachinery
- Hybrid SOFC-Gas Turbine Systems
- Energy Systems Modelling and Optimisation
- Near-Zero Waste Manufacturing Systems
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells