- Master thesis (PdM) carried out at l’EPFL (17 full weeks) or
- Master thesis (PdM) carried out outside EPFL (till 25 full weeks) or
- Master thesis PdMe) in industry (till 25 full weeks)
PdM in a laboratory of the Institute of Materials (IMX) or in a laboratory of an other Institute at EPFL (17 weeks) During December or May, the students, who obtained the required credits of Master cycle and have carry out the engineering internship, have to choose a topic for the PdM by contacting the laboratories of IMX. It is also possible to carry out the PdM in a laboratory of an other Institute of EPFL, supervised by a responsible of SMX (prof, MER,…).
PdM in an external university or academic Institute (17 to 25 weeks)
During December or May, the students, who obtained the required credits of Master degree and have carried out the engineering internship, can make their PdM in an external academic Institute. They have to find a responsible of SMX (prof, MER,…) willing to supervise the project and with whom they will discuss modalities and organization of the PdM.
Pdm in industry with engineering internship (PdMe) (25 weeks)
The students who obtained the required credits of Master degree can choose to carry out a PdMe which inculdes the engineering internship and the PdM. Before accepting an offer from a company, they have to find a responsible of SMX (prof, MER,…) who will agree to supervise the project according to the indications mentioned here
Some laboratories indicate Master thesis on their Web site
Procedure for the enrolment
– Enrol at IS-Academia as soon as the Registrar’s office indicates by email that the students can register to the courses and projects.
– Print the enrolment form and returned to the SMX secretariat after the signature of your supervisor
Hand in the report
– Send the pdf of the report, regarding the deadline, before noon, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the supervisor of your Master thesis and to the expert