Transporting and distributing electrical, chemical and thermal energy over long distances and in a capillary way are fundamental elements for the accessible, rational and economical use of energy. Energy systems are and will remain the most strategic infrastructures of any country. In this respect, this orientation focuses on understanding energy systems planning, operation and control.
- Model predictive control, optimal control strategies, networked control systems.
- Predictive control techniques.
- Establish the flow diagram of an industrial process and calculate the corresponding energy and mass balance.
- Analyse the energy and exergy efficiency of industrial energy systems.
- Model, design and optimize energy conversion systems and industrial processes
- Define energy services (buildings, mobility, industry).
- Compute the main emission sources of energy conversion processes.
- Smart grids technologies, power systems operation and control, power systems dynamics, electricity markets.