Information Science and Systems
The activity covers the whole spectrum of research in information and data sciences, from the processing of 1D signals and images or videos to the analysis of network and complex data. Information Sciences and Systems (ISS) at the Institute of Electrical Engineering currently covers a wide range of applications and methodologies : biomedical signal and image processing, computer vision, signal processing for multimedia, signal processing for high-dimensional and complex data, network data analysis, as well as machine learning and inference theory and algorithms.
The EE ISS group has a long tradition of excellence, where information systems and data science are strongly represented, as they are key components in the digital transformation of our society.
Key research themes
- Signal and image processing : high dimensional data processing, sparsity and low-dimensional models, inverse problems, theory and applications, medical imaging, image analysis, speech processing, computer vision.
- Multimedia communications : image, video and 3D point cloud coding, media security, biometric authentication, immersive communications.
- Sensors : information processing for data science, denoising, sensing models, multi-sensor systems.
- Machine learning : data analysis, classification, deep learning, interpretable models and algorithms, theory and applications.
- Learning and inference : Learning and inference systems, distributed algorithms, adaptive systems, data-driven engineering systems, theory and applications.
- Optimization : fast algorithms